Should you stage your home? There are several reasons to invest in home staging, which is the strategic placement of furniture and accessories to highlight your home's unique features, minimize any faults, and appeal to a wider range of buyers. Staging a home greatly improves showability, therefore making it more likely to sell. It is difficult to translate this into a higher price, but the more interest you have in your home from the get-go, the more likely you are to get a better price for your home when selling.
Here are some reasons to consider home staging:
- If your home is very dated and you want to minimize unattractive areas.
- Your existing furniture detracts from the features of your home.
- If your home had tenants and the common areas are not well maintained.
- Your home is vacant (empty rooms tend to appear smaller).
- For oddly shaped or smaller spaces, staging will showcase the space's potential in ways the buyer may not think of.